Sunday, January 29, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
Is real estate (property) worth investing as rental income?
I would like to make on assumption in order to reduce uncertainty and number of plausible scenarios : the real estate price will be constant and appreciate at inflation rate and all received income will be invested in mutual fund to get average income.
I am considering buying a well positioned one bed room apartment – 750 square feet (68 m2) with parking lot.
Initial cost $ 170, ooo, the parking lot will cost additional $ 50,000. The parking will improve occupancy rate and make it more attractive in busy center.
The apartment will be furnished, so additional $20,000 is required to buy the basics. Total investment is $240,000 USD.
Monday, January 2, 2012
- Accumulate at least $40,000 for investments during 2012, beginning 2013.
- Create feasible plan 10 year and review the priorities.
- Diversify the nest egg.
- Think about additional source of income.
- Regular monthly updates
- To cover 6 themes
I have no intentions to move towards an entertaining blog with 2-3 weekly posts. I will endeavor my best efforts to stay on personal subject of financial independence.
- Create list of books to read & read them- 12 books in minimum.
- Publish reviews.
- Have solid understanding of mutual funds and energy sector stocks.
- Stay under $75,000 with the family expenses
- Accumulate $7,000 towards durable goods replacement over 10 years.