- Accumulate $10 K a year, with $4k of them towards long term house maintenance. – Complete.
- Portfolio – no changes. Keep investing in the pension/retirement fund – Complete. Invested $19K (this is 2018 and 2018 cash).
- Develop additional income source in full, potential reward about $2,000 a year. Target sites to be developed in full this year. – This is not achieved.
- Regular monthly updates.- Complete. Although sometimes I was loosing will to do it.
- To cover 6 themes on financial independence, including 30 year forecast scenario. – Partially complete. I covered four themes – Financial Advice on a Card, Return on Loft Insulation, Family Budget for the past 10 years, 10 years Networth Change.
- Read 12 books from the list. – This is not achieved.
- Publish the books reviews. – Complete, although not a lot of reading happened.
- Corporate finances to study in detail. - This is not achieved
- As long as the savings goal is made I do not mind the rest. Aim to stay under previous year budget. – Complete. The savings goal is complete but I was unable to send under previous year budget.
- Be happy. Run 1,000 miles during the year. BMI at 26.3 by December. Loose 2.5 pounds a month. – This is not achieved. Only ran 400 miles. As the result BMI is not achieved.
Overall the year was a good one but I wish I would do more progress on educating myself and developing more skills in Financial Independence, looking after my health.
I spent too much time at work and although this resulted in extra $3K as a bonus I am not sure that it worth it.
How was your year? What do you think was the most impactful for you?