2017 Financial Independence Goals ($482,266 +$94,434 or +24%).
- Accumulate $10 K a year, with $4k of them towards long term house maintenance – Partially complete. We did not manage to save $4K towards the house maintenance, instead invested it during the year.
- Portfolio – go 0% cash for savings as of end 2016. Generate $10K in dividends. Portfolio to be $430 K by end of the year – Complete. There has been a change, as with going to Vanguard it reinvests all dividends automatically.
- Develop additional income source in full, potential reward about $2,000 a year – Not achieved, although some measurable progress made.
- Regular monthly updates – Achieved.
- To cover 6 themes on financial independence. Two of them : mortgage, 30 year forecast scenario – Not achieved, covered only four: “Transfer to low cost investment”, “Loft insulation and energy cost”, “Zero based approach”, “Mortgage”.
- Publish easy tracker for the long-term portfolio performance- Not achieved.
- Create list of books to read - 12 books is minimum - Not achieved.
- Read the books – Partially achieved.
- Publish the books reviews Not achieved.
- Stay under 110% of 2016 budget. Increase is due to additional cost of commuting - Not achieved. Previous year budget exceeded by 26%. We spent too much money on the house, that we should have.