Non-inflation adjusted table:
- Education expenditure is up. Expect to raise further next year.
- Car insurance cost dropped by 3.5%. No claim period and shopping around allowed us to select cheaper car insurance. Another reason - we happened to pay twice for our car insurance last year for 2011 & 2012.
- We spent less on vacation this year. Last year family trip cost us almost 2,200 more and there was a short break as well.
- What is missing from the budget are annual savings towards durable goods. At the moment this is 7,000 a year.
For the next year, I expect to:
- Educational cost to raise further by $8,000.
- Spend more on clothes. We have been intentionally curtailing our demands but there will naturally need to buy some.