This year it took me a little bit longer to come up with financial independence goals. The journey continues but at a slower pace. I am with the same company but on a half of the salary, doing more hours than ever before.
Focus in the coming year will be on sharpening and developing new skills and knowledge to move on.
Than you think about it - over 25% of our income goes towards mortgage, house bills and property tax, I need to adjust now.
- Accumulate $10 K a year, with $4k of them towards long term house maintenance.
- Portfolio – go 0% cash for savings as of end 2016. Generate $10K in dividends. Portfolio to be $430 K by end of the year.
- Develop additional income source in full, potential reward about $2,000 a year.
- Regular monthly updates.
- To cover 6 themes on financial independence. Two of them : mortgage, 30 year forecast scenario.
- Publish easy tracker for the long-term portfolio performance.
- Create list of books to read - 12 books is minimum.
- Read the books.
- Publish the books reviews.
- Stay under 110% of 2016 budget. Increase is due to additional cost of commuting.
Be happy. Run 1,000 miles during the year. Keep BMI below, target 26.5 (current 27.7).