This extraordinary year came to the end. My portfolio went up by 15%.
- Save 20% on the income - Accumulate $25 K a year and invest it either in one of the existing funds or new one. – This goal is only partially complete. I accumulated $24 K but not invested. The markets are all time high, so it is no point to invest it now. I have not selected where I want to invest them.
- Develop additional income source in full, potential reward about $2,000 a year. Target sites to be developed in full this year. This is “make it or break it”. If I am not able to do this year, I will wind down niche sites and focus elsewhere. My personal preference is to make it, despite disproportionate amount of time I might spent. – This did not happen. The main financial independence site generated some income. However, combined niche sites did not reach $2K a year. I need to re-focus the time elsewhere.
- Regular monthly updates. – This complete.
- To cover 6 themes on financial independence, including mortgage one. – This goal is complete. Networth change past 10 years, Mutual funds spreading, The rich vs. Poor, Junior ISA, Market Charges, Dividend Aristocrats, Four percent rule.
- Read 12 books from the list. – Read only two. One of them is Enough by John Bogle.
- Publish the books reviews. – Complete for the books that I read.
- Corporate finances to study in detail. – This did not occur.
- Be happy. Run 1,000 miles during the year. BMI at 26.3 by December. Loose 2.5 pounds a month. – Ran only 240 miles. I thought that last year with 253 miles the lowest possible one.
What are your 2020 goals? Is it something you recommend I do more or stop doing?
I need to think how to make this year goals smarter and to make
sure that I will complete them. How was your year and the goals achievements?